St. Mary's Leadership Council exists to:
- Serve as a representative body of the faithful, from the parish, donors, and others - who focus on the whole community and guiding the planning of St. Mary's visioning.
- Offer consultation to the director of campus ministry of St. Mary's Catholic Center.
- Evaluate the mission statement, goals, and objectives of St. Mary's and update when necessary.
- Develop and maintain a long-range plan to implement the mission statement of St. Mary's Catholic Center.
- Provide for self-evaluation and renewal of the council.
- Establish council subcommittees as needed to study particular issues.
Membership consists of permanent parishioners, staff, statewide leaders, and recent graduates.