Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: The Patio
The Patio is the former nursery. It is located on the first floor of the Catholic Center next to the elevator in the back of the building.
This is the first class of a 3-year program which will ground each student in a college-level understanding of Catholic theology. This systematic program has a 12 week course of studies every semester. These courses will have a nominal fee (scholarships are available for those who cannot pay the $15) and students will not be tested or graded.
During each session we will find:
-Where these teachings are found in the Bible?
-What did the disciples of the Apostles and all the early Fathers teach about these topics?
-How do I live these teachings today?
The first semester's topic is "Introduction to Catholic Thought and Theology"
The topics will be.
- Introduction to the class, process, Catholic documents, texts used, Catholic thought and theology
- The mystery of God and The Trinity
- Introduction to Revelation, Salvation History, Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition
- Introduction to Studying and Interpreting Sacred Scripture
- God’s Story of Salvation – Law, Covenants, Incarnation, Grace, Redemption
- Introduction to the Creeds
- Introduction to The Hierarchy and Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Introduction to Catholic Morality and Conscience
- Introduction to Catholic Social Justice Principles
- Introduction to Prayer
- Introduction to Sacraments
- Introduction to The Liturgy and Mass
For more information email Marcel